Thursday 23 June 2011

LCBO Vintages – Release for June 25/2011

Nothing too interesting to report this round; no spirits to be released.

There is an Inniskillin Oak Aged Riesling Icewine from 2006 that is highly interesting.  I love oak-aged items (like Whisky, good beer, heck even Root Bear [the real stuff]), so this appears to be right up my alley.  With a drink before date of 2022, this will make a fantastic cellar addition for all you cellar rats.


Here's a quick blurb:

Excellent balance with refined delicacy. Featuring such notes as apple, apricot, and pear with hints of nutmeg and cloves.  The notes go on to say that even though it is a concentrated wine; it remains light on the palate.  An excellent balance of acid and sugar makes this one of Inniskillin's best.  You can be that give the chance, I'll try that!  [LCBO SKU #230359]



I'm planning the usual LCBO tasting trip for the weekend, but who knows what might happen.  I purchased a pair of Tawse Sketches of Niagara Riesling for the  summer or cellar [LCBO SKU #89029].  I haven't posted, much as my free time seems to have been eaten up with family commitments and working overtime.  I'll try my best to post a pair of tasting notes this weekend for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment